Mar 2, 2008

loved

I've never felt more loved, valued and affirmed than I do right now.

If you aren't up to speed on why that might be, I announced today that Cornerstone has asked me to step down from my position in the high school ministry. That's a nice buttery way of saying that I was fired. When the parents heard the reasons why, it got very interesting in there.

I know I'll want to write about this in detail soon, but for now, I just need to say thank you to the parents, students, and friends in that room today. Today made everything I've ever done worthwhile.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I am really out of the Cornerstone loop. I just saw the job opening on the website and wanted to see where the heck you went? Things have changed a lot in the past few years. I still love the music and the presentation of the sermon when we go back, but it makes me sad I can't get everything I want out of the church. I work PT at another church now and have opposite issues with a church that thinks they are moderm and appeal to all ages, but really fight it every step of the way. Let me know if you ever find the perfect church, I'm all in!