Mar 18, 2008

new book

I just finished "Surprised by Hope" by NT Wright. I fervently recommend this one. This brotha speaks my language... well, actually there were probably a dozen words he used that I circled and had to look up on dictionary.com, like "recondite". Apparently I like hyper links.

Shane Claiborne's latest book "Jesus for President" is on deck! Why doesn't anyone tour through Arizona? How do you go to ALBUQUERQUE, but not Phoenix? You're going to drive past us to go there?

So... what book are you reading right now?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Recondite" is a very recondite word. How bout that knowledge for ya, didn't even have to look it up!

I am reading "Jesus for President" too, and really diggin it. Im also reading "Wide Open Spaces" by Jim Palmer (pretty good so far as well). And I'm reading "Now I Can Die In Peace" by Bill Simmons of ESPN, just to get in the mindset for the new Red Sox season.

Ryan Dunn said...

Hi, short-time reader, first-time commenter... I just got done with AJ Jacobs' "The Year of Living Biblically": an agnostic decides to follow the Bible to the literal letter for one year. Many funny, poignant, and uplifting events happen. "Jesus for President" is on deck for me, too...

Christopher. said...

I just ordered The Screwtape Letters and The Irresistible Revolution

In Through Painted Deserts, Donald rambles a lot. He makes some good points, but it's like 2-3 pages describing the leather on the seat of his van. Still want to finish it though!

Anonymous said...

Im reading, "Huckleberry win" by jason sermons. Its a parody between the islamic cartridge and armchair economics. Check it out! Also......

Check out my band, "Band of brotherly love" on myspace.

thx
-ryan