Apr 10, 2008

can't sleep

I wish I never had to sleep. I remember reading something somewhere that said God designed us to need sleep to remind us that we aren't God and we need rest.

I used to have a really difficult time sleeping. I would get this strange thought in my head every night, one that I can't really describe, but it had something to do with how I would lay somewhere for eight hours but it would only feel like a few minutes. One minute you close your eyes, and one minute you open them, but they were closed for 480 other minutes... that freaked me out for some reason. I think that's when I started reading at night. It put me to sleep. But now reading keeps me awake (if I'm digging the book).

What puts you to sleep? What keeps you awake?

2 comments:

Christopher. said...

My mind keeps me up at night.
I'll sing songs in my head and my fingers will tap the wall.
I wish I could stop it!

haha

Lindsay said...

Your loud fan keeps me awake at night. Your sports center puts me to sleep.